Why join us
If you are currently registered with Ofsted as a Children's Home, you need to be a member of ICHA. You can request a membership pack by emailing email@example.com or via the website - See Contact Us
Why join us?
ICHA is actively involved in promoting the needs of the sector and the children and young people who benefit from our services.
- Representation on National bodies such as the National Contract Steering Group and the National Consultation Forum for Ofsted.
- Representation to and co-ordination across regional databases and consortia, e.g. negotiations for annual fee increases.
- Responding to and influencing the changing market place.
- New commissioning patterns.
- Provide input to new legislation
- Effective advocacy for improving child centred placements e.g. increasing the stability and appropriateness of placements.
- Working with agencies concerned with recruitment, training and retention of our workforce.
- Political lobbying so that the voice of the sector is heard.
- Responding to Government papers and consultations.
- Organising an annual national conference to highlight our activities and concerns.
ICHA is a professional organisation advocating on behalf of the Residential Child Care sector. ICHA enables you to
- Keep up to date with developments within the sector.
- Be a member of an organisation whose members have extensive knowledge and experience.
- Have your views expressed by an organisation that is consulted by key policy and decision makers.
- Have access to advice and assistance on key issues through articles, useful links and discussion forums on the ICHA website, weekly bulletins, quarterly newsletters and meetings,
- Meet and share information with fellow members who may be facing similar challenges.
- Benefit from being able to swiftly contact the ICHA office
- Have confidence that the Officers and a Members Committee are working tirelessly on your behalf